Winemaker Micole Moore was recognized as a “Trail Blazer” at the 2017 Trail Blazer Winery Awards ceremony recently held in El Cajon, Calif.
Micole Moore, Ramona Ranch co-owner and winemaker, received recognition for his contribution to supporting and growing the San Diego County winemaking region. In addition to producing award-winning wines at Ramona Ranch Winery, he is a former president of the Ramona Valley Vineyard Association (RVVA) and has helped to improve the County’s Winery Ordinance, while spearheading sustainability winegrape farming in San Diego County. Ramona Ranch is the first in San Diego County to be designated Certified California Sustainable Winegrowing (CERTIFIED SUSTAINABLE) as a result of meeting a comprehensive set of standards for “environmental stewardship, conservation of natural resources and socially equitable business practices” set by the California Sustainable Winegrowing Alliance (CSWA).
This annual Trail Blazing event has been sponsored by Casi Cielo Winery/Maness Vineyards for five years. For the past three years, they have partnered with the San Diego East County Chamber of Commerce, the Ramona Valley Vineyard Association (RVVA), and the San Diego County Vintners Association to sponsor the event.
Ramona Ranch, a San Diego Vineyard and Winery, is located in the heart of the Ramona Valley American Viticulture Area (AVA). Winemaker Micole Moore with co-owner Teri Kerns, produce award winning wines from estate and local Ramona vineyards that they have personally selected for the quality of the fruit. Ramona Ranch Vineyard and Winery is located at 23578 Highway 78, Ramona, CA 92065. (760) 789-1622. Open for tasting: Friday, Saturday, Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- 2017 Sonoma County Grand Harvest Competition: Best-in-class/Double Gold
- Ramona Ranch Brings home GOLD!
- RVVA Member Wines Score Medals Out of 7,000 Entries in ‘Largest Competition of American Wines’
- Eight Ramona Valley Vineyard Association (RVVA) Wineries Win Big at Largest-Ever NY Finger Lakes International Wine Competition
- Local Wines Receive Top Awards out of Best Wines of U.S.A. and Mexico at The Toast of the Coast Wine Competition